Join the fun 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, March 30, 2019 when the City of Mesa's Falcon Field Airport
hosts its 11th annual Open House!
Presented by Semper Fi Heating & Cooling
Location & Parking
The event site is located on Falcon Field Airport and Falcon Field Park, 4636 East Fighter Aces Drive (just north of McKellips Road between Greenfield Road and Higley Road).
Free general and disabled parking with shuttles to the event site is available on the west side of Higley Road north of McKellips Road. Vehicles may access these parking areas from either Eagle Drive or Falcon Drive.
Parking also is available at the airport entrance at Falcon Drive on the north side of McKellips Road, east of Greenfield Road. (There is a traffic light at the intersection of McKellips Road and Falcon Drive.)
Event admission, kids' activities, and parking are FREE! Donations of canned food will be accepted for the United Food Bank. A variety of food will be available for purchase.
The event will showcase the vital aviation and economic role of Falcon Field and its many businesses to the Mesa community.
The Open House will feature:
- Unique aircraft, including The Boeing Company's Apache AH-64E Apache attack helicopter; MD Helicopters aircraft, the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation's 1967 AH-1F Cobra helicopter; vintage warbirds; experimental aircraft; public safety aircraft; general aviation aircraft; and more!
- Impala Bob's Classic Car Show benefiting the Aviation Explorer Scouts.
- Aviation adventures - strap into a flight simulator, or take a helicopter or warbird ride (available for purchase)!
- Model railroad exhibit by the Arizona Big Train Operators.
- Informational displays by representatives of area aviation education programs, local businesses and the City of Mesa.
- Learn about Falcon Field's origin as a World War II pilot training base at the Commemorative Air Force Airbase Arizona Museum. View the museum's impressive collection of restored military aircraft from World War I through Vietnam. Also featured at the museum will be the Southwest Military Transport Show by the Arizona Historical Military Transport Association. Show hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, March 30. Discounted admission covering both the museum and the Southwest Military Transport Show will be offered on Saturday, March 30 only. Tickets will be $5/person or $10/family of four. Museum and Southwest Military Transport Show hours on Sunday, March 31 will be 10 a.m.-1 p.m., and admission on Sunday will be $15/adults, $12/seniors, $5/children age 5-12, free/children under age 5. For more information, call the museum at (480) 924-1940.
- New this year! Visit the Future of Flight Pavilion for an exclusive look at new aviation technologies being developed by companies at Falcon Field Airport and in Arizona!
- Join the 100 Club of Arizona in celebrating public safety at the Open House! Founded in 1968, the 100 Club of Arizona's mission is to provide financial assistance to families of first responders who are seriously injured or killed in the line of duty, and provide resources to enhance their safety and welfare.
A picnic pavilion courtesy of Firehouse Subs will be available at the Open House for 100 Club members and families to meet and socialize. The public also is welcome to visit the pavilion to learn about the 100 Club, talk to representatives about its services, or donate toward its mission.
- Photo opportunities with Freddy the Falcon and authentically costumed Star Wars characters by the Dune Sea Garrison.
- Food trucks, inflatables, aviation-themed kids' crafts and nostalgic music!
Thank you to our sponsors!
Presenting "Alpha" Sponsor - Semper Fi Heating & Cooling
Entertainment "Bravo" Sponsor - Opus/The Opus Group
Public Safety "Sierra" Sponsor - Firehouse Subs
Keepsake "Lima" Sponsor - State Farm Insurance