Falcon Field Airport is proud of its long history in northeast Mesa. As a municipal, City of Mesa-owned general aviation airport, Falcon Field serves the general public in addition to pilots and aviation businesses. Visit the airport and see what adventures await you!
- The public is invited to the Falcon Field Airport Open House each spring! Aircraft rides, displays, and fly-overs are highlights of the event. Information booths by airport businesses and aviation education programs are featured, as well as Impala Bob's Classic Car Show, children's activities, food and music. Watch this website for more information.
- The sights and sounds of aircraft can be exciting to young and old alike. A lifelong passion for flight or a successful aviation career can be sparked from a childhood visit to the airport! The shaded aircraft viewing patio at the Falcon Field terminal building is a perfect setting. Bring a picnic and enjoy a beautiful Arizona sunrise or sunset while watching aircraft prepare for flight and take off into the blue! For more information, visit Tours, Speakers & Aircraft Viewing, call 480-644-2450, or email email@example.com.
- Pursue your dream of flight at Falcon Field! Multiple on-airport businesses offer introductory flights and flight instruction. See a listing of these services under Flight Instruction in the Falcon Field Airport Business Directory.
- Celebrate a birthday, anniversary of other special occasion with a unique gift they'll never forget! Multiple Falcon Field businesses offer sight-seeing and photography flights for the thrill-seeker in your life! See a listing of these services under Photo Flights/Sightseeing in the Falcon Field Airport Business Directory.
- Aviation military history comes alive at the Commemorative Air Force Airbase Arizona Museum! The Phoenix area's only aviation museum displays an impressive collection of military aircraft representing the eras of World War I through Vietnam, as well as an extensive array of exhibits.The museum is home to Sentimental Journey, the most authentically restored flying B-17 Flying Fortress in the world. Rides can be purchased aboard several of the museum's warbirds. Docent-guided tours are available, and group tours can be scheduled.
The museum is located at 2017 N. Greenfield Road, on the northeast corner of Greenfield and McKellips roads. Admission rates apply. Discounts are offered for seniors and children ages 5-12. Children under age 5 are admitted free.
Museum hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. daily. The museum is closed for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
For more information, call 480-924-1940 or see the listing for Museums in the Falcon Field Airport Business Directory.
- Multiple aviation organizations are based at Falcon Field. In some, membership is open to adults and youth who want to learn about aviation, learn to fly, learn skills toward an aviation career, or perform volunteer service. See the Useful Links to connect with an aviation organization that interests you! Read the Falcon Field Stories about some of the aviation organizations and pilots who who perform community service and make the Falcon Field aviation community unique!
- Falcon Field offers year-round opportunities for school, youth, business and community organizations that are looking for an exciting field trip or meeting speaker. For more information or to schedule, visit Tours, Speakers & Aircraft Viewing, call 480-644-2450, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mesa students with a passion for aviation can spend two weeks each summer at Falcon Field for Mesa Public Schools' Aerospace Academy. Field trips, flight simulators, guest speakers and many other activities give students entering seventh and eighth grades an inside look into the world of flight and aviation careers. For more information, contact instructor Nancy Parra-Quinlan at email@example.com.