Members of the Falcon Field Airport community enjoy sharing their passion for aviation and adventure with each other and aviation enthusiasts. To foster a spirit of community among airport tenants and to encourage others to learn, explore and pursue their aviation dreams, the airport hosts meetings and free events throughout the year for pilot and business tenants, as well as the general public.
Falcon Field Airport is home to a variety of aviation organizations and pilot groups. From community pancake breakfasts to fly-ins, they host a variety of unique events to share their aircraft and love of flying, mentor young pilots, and raise money to support charitable causes.
The airport comes to you! Visit the Falcon Field Airport booth at City of Mesa community events to learn about your community airport and how you can get involved in aviation!
Check the calendar for these opportunities and come join us!
CANCELED - Falcon Field Airport Open House
- Date: 03/28/2020 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Location: Falcon Field Airport/Falcon Field Park
4636 E.. Fighter Aces Drive
Mesa, Arizona 85215
Get a close look at unique aircraft, classic cars, model railroads and more 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, March 28 when the City of Mesa’s Falcon Field Airport hosts its annual Open House!
The event will be at Falcon Field Park, 4636 East Fighter Aces Drive (north of McKellips Road between Greenfield and Higley roads). Free general and disabled parking is available at the airport entrance on the north side of McKellips Road east of Greenfield Road. Additional free parking with shuttles to the event site also will be available on the west side of Higley Road north of McKellips Road.
Admission is FREE to the Open House! Canned food donations will be accepted for the United Food Bank.
The Open House will feature:
- Unique aircraft, including The Boeing Company's Apache AH-64E Apache attack helicopter; MD Helicopters aircraft, the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation's 1967 AH-1F Cobra helicopter; vintage warbirds; experimental aircraft; public safety aircraft; general aviation aircraft; and more!
- Aviation adventures - warbird and helicopter rides available for purchase
- Flight simulators
- Future of Flight pavilion offering an exclusive look at new aviation technologies being developed by companies at Falcon Field Airport and in Arizona!
- Impala Bob's Classic Car Show - more than 150 unique automobiles to see!
- Informational displays by representatives of area aviation education programs, local businesses and the City of Mesa
- Kids' activities including inflatables, face painting, balloon twisting, and aviation-themed crafts & photo booth.
- Model railroad exhibit by the Arizona Big Train Operators.
- Raffle prizes
- Food trucks
Also at the Open House, learn about Falcon Field’s origin as a World War II pilot training base & view historic military aircraft & exhibits at the Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum (CAF). The museum is located on the airport grounds at 2017 N. Greenfield Road. Open House visitors will be able to walk to the museum from the Open House site, and the museum will provide golf cart transportation for those unable to walk.
The museum will have expanded hours 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on March 28 to coincide with the Falcon Field Airport Open House. The Southwest Military Transport Show also will be held at the CAF 9 a.m-4 p.m. March 28. Highlights include military vehicle & static aircraft displays, collectibles, vehicle parts, plastic model contest, & swap meet. Discounted admission of $5/person or $10/family of four on March 28 covers both the museum and Southwest Military Transport Show. For more information, call the museum at (480) 924-1940.