Join the fun 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, March 25, 2017 when the City of Mesa's Falcon Field Airport hosts its 9th annual Open House!
Location & Parking
The event will be held at Falcon Field Airport and Falcon Field Park, 4636 East Fighter Aces Drive (located just north of McKellips Road between Greenfield Road and Higley Road). Free general and disabled parking is available at the airport entrance on the north side of McKellips Road east of Greenfield Road. Additional free parking with shuttles to the event site also will be available on the west side of Higley Road north of McKellips Road.
Event admission, kids' activities, and parking are free! Donations of canned food will be accepted for the United Food Bank. A variety of food will be available for purchase.
The event will showcase the vital aviation and economic role of Falcon Field and its many businesses to the Mesa community.
The Open House will feature:
- See unique aircraft up close, including The Boeing Company's Apache AH-64E Apache attack helicopter, two unmanned aerial vehicles - the S-100 Camcopter and ScanEagle - and a ground control station; vintage warbirds; a 1967 AH-1F Cobra helicopter; experimental aircraft; general aviation aircraft, and more!
- Impala Bob's Classic Car Show benefiting the East Valley Boys & Girls Club.
- Public safety & Valley Metro transit vehicles.
- Model railroad exhibit by the Arizona Big Train Operators.
- Informational displays by representatives of area aviation education programs, local businesses and the City of Mesa.
- Meet Freddy the Falcon and enjoy great food and nostalgic music!
- Learn about Falcon Field's origin as a World War II pilot training base at the Commemorative Air Force Airbase Arizona Museum. View the museum's impressive collection of restored military aircraft from World War I through Vietnam. Also the museum will host the Southwest Military Transport Show by the Air Force Arizona Historical Military Transport Association. Show hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, March 25 and 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday, March 26.
Important note: Museum access will be available from the Open House event site. The museum will have expanded hours from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on March 25. Discounted admission rates will be offered on March 25 only: $5 per person/$10 per family. For more information, call the museum at (480) 924-1940.