Welcome to Mesa, a vibrant city and a premier location for aviation business opportunities. Located in the center of Arizona and the heart of the Southwest, the City of Mesa is strategically positioned for businesses to access and serve the global economy. The Boeing Company, MD Helicopters, CAE Oxford Aviation Academy and other smart companies choose to operate at Falcon Field Airport and in the surrounding Falcon District.
Aggressive investment in infrastructure improvements is transforming historic Falcon Field Airport in Mesa, Arizona to a modern, state-of-the-art aviation gem.
One-Stop General Aviation Services
As a general aviation hub in the Southwest, Falcon Field serves as a reliever to Phoenix Sky Harbor International and Phoenix-Mesa Gateway airports, the region’s two commercial service hubs. The airport’s variety of businesses — maintenance, repair, overhaul, inspections, avionics and aircraft painting and interior design — provide one-stop support to corporate and private jets, air charter services, law enforcement and medical flights, and recreational pilots.
Falcon Field’s two runways and FAA air traffic control tower make it a convenient home for 700 based aircraft and visitors. Two FBOs serve fixed-wing and rotorcraft, offering fuel, maintenance, repairs, tie-downs, charters, pilot services and car rentals.
Falcon Field is centrally located in the Phoenix metropolitan area, making connections easy. The facility is minutes from three major freeways, including the six-lane Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway, the 101 Freeway north-south corridor and Highway 60 Superstition Freeway.
With such convenient access, corporate and recreational visitors can step off their aircraft and quickly arrive at destinations in Mesa or other area cities including Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale and Tempe. Nearby are luxury housing, schools, golf, outdoor recreation, the award-winning Mesa Arts Center, museums, shopping and dining. Arizona State University and a number of private and community colleges are within a 20-minute drive.
More than 90 businesses are located at Falcon Field. Aerospace and aviation businesses considering expansion or relocation will find:
- 120 acres available for immediate build-to-suit development.
- A variety of unique hangar facilities available to fit business needs.
- Highly competitive, business-friendly lease terms.
- Two runways of 5,100 and 3,800 feet accommodate a wide variety of fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters.
- The south, main Runway 4R/22L measures 5,100 feet. It can accommodate a wing span of 51.7 feet and landing weights of 38,000 pounds single axle, 60,000 pounds dual axle, and 90,000 pounds dual tandem.
- The north runway 4L/22R was built in the 1980’s and measures 3,800 feet. It can accommodate a wing span of 45.8 feet and a landing weight of 12,500 pounds single axle.
- On-airport businesses support your aviation operations, manufacturing, or research and development activities.
- The surrounding 7,000-acre business district has available properties to meet the needs of the smallest start-up or an established company requiring thousands of square feet. Six industrial parks offer an ideal environment for small to large manufacturing and commercial enterprises.
The City of Mesa is committed to providing an exceptional air transportation facility. Continuous airfield upgrades include $2 million in improvements to be completed in 2016-2017. Realignment of Taxiway A, addition of blast pads on both ends of the Airport’s north runway, and installation of an Airport Surface Observation System (ASOS) will enhance safety, protect aircraft and add convenience for pilots. A new aircraft washing facility will include a 3,000-square-foot covered, lighted service bay, a 3,000-square-foot open-air service bay and new washing equipment.
For more information about how Falcon Field Airport and Mesa, Arizona can meet your business aviation needs, call 480-644-2450 or email Airport.Info@MesaAz.gov.