Members of the Falcon Field Airport community enjoy sharing their passion for aviation and adventure with each other and aviation enthusiasts. To foster a spirit of community among airport tenants and to encourage others to learn, explore and pursue their aviation dreams, the airport hosts meetings and free events throughout the year for pilot and business tenants, as well as the general public.
Falcon Field Airport is home to a variety of aviation organizations and pilot groups. From community pancake breakfasts to fly-ins, they host a variety of unique events to share their aircraft and love of flying, mentor young pilots, and raise money to support charitable causes.
The airport comes to you! Visit the Falcon Field Airport booth at City of Mesa community events to learn about your community airport and how you can get involved in aviation!
Check the calendar for these opportunities and come join us!
Falcon Field Airport Open House
- Date: 03/25/2017 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Falcon Field Airport/Falcon Field Park
4636 E. Fighter Aces Drive
Mesa, Arizona 85215
- Introduction: Free fun for all ages! Unique aircraft displays , fly-overs, aviation information, Impala Bob's Classic Car Show and more!
Get a close look at unique aircraft, classic cars, and much more 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, March 25, 2017 when the City of Mesa’s Falcon Field Airport hosts its annual Open House. Fun for the whole family!
The event will be at Falcon Field Park, 4636 East Fighter Aces Drive (north of McKellips Road between Greenfield and Higley roads). Free general and disabled parking is available at the airport entrance on the north side of McKellips Road east of Greenfield Road. Additional free parking with shuttles to the event site also will be available on the west side of Higley Road north of McKellips Road.
Event admission and parking are free! Canned food donations will be accepted for the United Food Bank.
• See unique aircraft up close, including including The Boeing Company's AH-64E Apache attack helicopter; two unmanned aerial vehicles - the S-100 Camcopter and ScanEagle; and a ground control station; vintage warbirds; a 1967 AH-1F Cobra helicopter; experimental aircraft; general aviation aircraft, and more!
• Experience the pilot's seat in flight simulators!
• Explore flight training and aviation careers with representatives of area education programs, businesses and aviation organizations.
• Learn about Falcon Field’s origin as a World War II pilot training base & view historic military aircraft & exhibits at the Commemorative Air Force Airbase Arizona Aviation Museum (CAF). The museum will have expanded hours 9 a.m.-4 p.m. March 25. The Southwest Military Transport Show also will be held at the CAF 9 a.m-4 p.m. March 25. Highlights include military vehicle & static aircraft displays, collectibles, vehicle parts, plastic model contest, & swap meet. Discounted admission of $5/person or $10/family on March 25 cover both the museum and Southwest Military Transport Show.
• See more than 100 classic cars at the Impala Bob’s Car Show!
• Model railroad exhibit by the Arizona Big Train Operators!
• Inflatables, face painting, balloon animals and more for the kids!
• Food, music and aircraft fly-overs will add to the fun!